Monday, June 17, 2013

Riding in the Hood

On Saturday morning, June 15, Lisa Senecal and I ventured out on her horses.  I was on Doppler (my dream horse) and she was on Takota, her dressage partner.

I have always loved Doppler, since the day he was born.  I have a picture of him in my office when he was one day old.  I have another when he was two at a show.  He is a chestnut and white paint National Show Horse out of Calypso Bay.  He is a big horse with a big trot and plenty of go.  The best part is, he never ever spooks, just as steady as they come.
Doppler - 1 day old
So my dream finally comes true, I get to ride Doppler and I was not disappointed - even if we did stay in the neighborhood.  Takota does not have a lot of trail experience so it was really good for him to get out of the dressage arena and check out things that go "swoosh in the bushes."  He had plenty to look at.  There's one path in our neighborhood that takes you behind a little goat farm. They were so cute, the baby goats, baaaahing for our attention.  Takota did not think it was funny one little bit.  Right next door, they have two mini donkeys which for some reason the horses are deathly afraid of - even when they aren't braying.  This same house also has a herd of sheep which is a little unexpected.  So, Takota nearly had a heart attack coming by all of this but he (and Lisa) managed to survive.

Doppler has a lovely big walk and a lovely big trot.  He feels like he can go all day.  I have always teased Lisa that someday I was just going to show up on her doorstep and "steal" him.  Her husband said she should give him to me, but so far she's holding out.  After all, she says, "He is my only trail horse."  I couldn't be that selfish - LOL. 
Doppler - 2 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment