Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Anoter Day in the Park (Wetlands Park)

Today, Sunday August 4, 2013,  it was only Caren on Slim and me on Heaven.  We had no other early risers.  Lisa is out of town and Gayle is also gone - this time to pick up Coup who has been in training.

We went out early - before 7:30 as it has been really hot and I had to be somewhere by 11:00 and didn't want to be late.  I'm planning an afternoon with friend Kerul at the shooting range, a first for me.

We rode the short side of the Park first and saw two really nice young bucks.  They were just beautiful.  I hope they stay on the Park side and off the Seminole Ranch.  Hunting season is right around the corner.
Representative sample - not the actual deer we saw
Then we headed over to the main part of the Park and rode a few loops in there.  We were mostly headed for the splashing pond so the horses could get a drink and cool off.  Caren and Slim splashed around for a while but Heaven was more interested in eating.

Another great ride - no major incidents although Slim did "the big spook" right at the end.  Really gave Caren a jolt - she couldn't even get out a single bird call!

Heaven gets next weekend off as I'm headed to Maryland to pick up my new puppy.  The ladies are on their own without me.   I'll see you in two weeks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment